St Vincent De Paul
We run a Care Centre in Nkobongo where we have a day clinic, a 4-bed Hospice, a safe house and a soup kitchen. We collect sell-by-date food from supermarkets and fruit and vegetable shops which is supplemented by purchases of fresh produce. Adult widows, the indigent and orphans are fed a hot meal twice weekly – every Monday and Wednesday.
what we do
- Hot meals are delivered 5 days a week to ±25 house-bound people
- The Society also distributes clothing, footwear, blankets, etc to the needy
How the Orphan Fund helps
The Orphan Fund provides food vouchers quarterly.
How you can help
- Financial assistance is always a priority
- Donate clothing/foodstuffs (dry goods)/blankets, etc.
- Volunteer to assist – meet at the Catholic church in Townsend Road any Monday or Wednesday from 8 am to 10 am