We distribute 10 food parcels monthly to needy families in particular Gogo’s, single parent homes and child-headed households. We offer lunch, homework supervision, reading and writing skills to ± 75 children 3 days a week. (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
what we do
- Derived from Sinosizo home based care which is now (since 2011) a training department. Mrs Zwane saw a need to continue caring for the VOC’s and registered the NPO
- Funded by the Aids Foundation until 2013 with funds coming from overseas. When this stopped they submitted a business plan to DSD (Department of Social Development) which took them on in 2014, paying salaries, providing stationery, paying for utilities and supplying food parcels, as weel as school uniforms including shoes.
- Teenage preganancy and HIV/AIDS Awareness
- Lifeskills – decision-making, career guidance
How the Orphan Fund helps
The Orphan Fund provides food vouchers quarterly to supplement what the DSD can’t provide.
How you can help
- Seek advice for financial monitoring
- Food (to be able to feed every day would need an extra R400.00 per month = R1200 over three months).
- Soccer balls and netball balls, hoola hoops, skipping ropes, old magazine and reading books
- Jojo tank to restart the vegetable garden